torsdag 25 juni 2015

Short on time for final presentation

Just a quick update really. That's all I have time and energy for.
It has been an exhausting week of frantically analyzing and pursuing specific research questions on the samples, and ultimately data, that we pulled out from the cruise at station ALOHA.
I decided to investigate nitrogen fixation using metagenomics, since I'm an absolute beginner at metagenomics.
Tomorrow morning is the final (group)-presentation and there have been a few late nights. I'm probably looking at another one now.
That will be the end of the course, so when I'm done with that I can share my metagenomics work and findings in a bit more detail. Now I need to focus on getting everything right for tomorrow.
It will  be a big day tomorrow (presentation is open to the public). With that said, I leave you with a picture of an example of one step in the metagenomics workflow, for now.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar