torsdag 5 februari 2015

Eligible for boarding

Who said that going on a cruise would be simple? I suppose I must have convinced myself about that somehow during the preparations. Because I've certainly no memory of anyone informing me about it being that, or the opposite - difficult.

The cruise organizers required two different medical forms prior to embarking on the cruise. These had to be filled in by a doctor, and that was that (or so I thought).
Reality struck me like an open palm to the face and I, quite literally, ended up with a blank stare on my face and heaps of questions going something like - why? or why not?

Deadline for sending in these forms were today. If not, I wouldn't be able to board the research vessel due to rules set up by the french institute arranging the cruise.
The best part of the story is that all information regarding this needed medical evaluation was in french (at least the part actually needed by the doctor). Just a side note: I don't know a single word of french. The organizers was not very clear as to how this information would be handled but there would certainly not be anyone medically trained at the receiving end (which begs my previous question: why?). My doctor would not hear any of it though and stated -as a matter of factly- that we are doing this 4-page analysis on you (thank you IFREMER (the french)). Great!

So after two medical appointments and numerous e-mails I finally have a whole bunch of papers proving that I'm medically fit to board the research vessel (and probably also for going to Mars...) and one form with that tiny signature and stamp of my doctor which was all I really needed.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar