fredag 27 februari 2015

Waiting for breakfast

For you guys back home in Sweden, this might seem like I'm not doing anything else than blogging today. However, since my last post I've had half a night's sleep and several hours of work already.
Me and my colleague have a "every second day routine" where we take samples off the CTD. In my case for RNA and my colleague for FISH (fluorescence in-situ hybridization) and microscopy. My goal here is to bring these samples home with me and later analyze them using qRT PCR which will allow me to identify activated genes within my targets. Since we by now are getting quite effective timewise, we're already done with sampling and cleaning up 45 min before breakfast. This is certainly not enough time for sleeping and would only make me more miserable when I have to get up for breakfast. At least I can do some writing to pass the time and I can also have a chat with my wonderful fiancée who are getting ready for bed at this time. Oh, how I wish I could get cozy with her in our large bed now, instead of being alone in my cramped bunk bed. If it wasn't for the fact that I usually have plenty of work occupying my thoughts I would probably go mad longing for her. It seems like she is doing alright, which also makes me feel better about it all.
Now I'm definately getting that breakfast. My growling stomach is killing me!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar