fredag 27 februari 2015

Steam

During the long duration stations (LD) there are a lot of physical parameters measured every third hour as well as different buoys being deployed along our drift. These buoys are mainly for continuously measuring these physical parameters in a deep depth profile for a long time to come, which means we are not going to recover them.
The physical parameters measured using the CTD on board every third our mainly serves the purpose of confirming that we still are within the eddie and designated sampling area. So at this point my sampling is of no matter for the on board science team. On the other hand I'm not running the qPCR, but only archiving samples for analysis back home. It is less stressful but more work.

 

After this day of work I had some acute issues back home, which I of course could do nothing about, more than offer my advice and thoughts on the matter. It pains me greatly and leaves me with a feeling of hopelessness, frustration and guilt. I know these feelings may at some points be misplaced but they are there nonetheless.
So I did the only thing I could do being in a state of inertia from too little sleep after working night and being filled with emotions I couldn't deal with at this moment. I shut down and went to the "gym" to work off some steam.
The rubber band I bought prior to the cruise is quite weak but it serves the purpose of muscle fever quite effectively after a few extra reps.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar